“Within the very love of you
dearest Lord and Savior
King of Kings
surrounding us with the divinity of your sacred purity
inside the warmth of your endless joy , We feel complete
and parted from these earthen desolations of our past.
You are the balm to heal all our spiritual wounds…”
I don’t really feel parted from my past, but I want to! I have always wanted too. I find it interesting that sin has so many varied levels of emotional consequences attached to it, and too the consequence emotionally is very different for each of us. I can think of some things I have done that I am sorry for, and then other things that I have done that are none the less a sin, that I don’t feel sorry for. It’s confusing isn’t it?
Getting Baptized is to cleanse us from the sins of Adam & Eve, and too, from our own. I look forward to this too. I wanted to be Baptized back in 1972-73 but the Pastor at the church told me I needed my Mother’s permission, and she did not want me to. Some people are frightened by things they do not understand I think, as I recall her giving mention to evil rituals ect.
I pranced all over town going to all the churches back then. I would walk to and from them every Sunday weather permitting. I loved to hear the Bible stories and color the pictures, and then the after service treats. I wasn’t like the other children however. I wore old clothes that were not clean as they should have been, and my pantyhose always had runs in them. I would wear them backwards so the runs would not be seen. But of course they were seen. I saved all the pennies, nickles, and sometimes dimes I would find walking from my Grandmothers house. She would give me change to give to the plate offering.
Anyway here it is 2012 and finally a lifetime later I will be cleansing myself of past sin which will bring me into the doors of my spiritual life. I might get some of this all wrong since I am not educated in it all, but this is my understanding. I want to be closer to my Spiritual Father our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. I want to feel purified inside my heart. So many ugly things have happened to me in my life time that I would love for it all to get cleansed from me. I announce myself as a sinner, and I know right from wrong, and I want to be empowered into the Holy Spirit. Such a beautiful gift to embrace…
I feel this will help and aide me into my own empowerment to be obedient in the laws of God. To be a better person all around. Not that I am a horrible person, by no means, but to be top shelf with God!! This is what I have always wanted, so I am so grateful that I am finally reaching for what I have always wanted.
I am so excited too, I have a new bible I wish to purchase, as the one I have is so archaic and I get muddled in the translations. But nonetheless the visors of wisdom are still awesome, I am looking for something already translated for me. Life is short you know.
It’s going to be so beautiful to feel closer to God & Jesus, and to have remission of all sin, and too all punishment due for the sin. You know what I mean too, some sin carrys deeply within our hearts a heavy burden, at least for me. I have some sin that doesn’t phase me at all too though. I guess I was forgiven is why. I make mistakes like anyone else & the best thing about those mistakes or sins is that I never repeat them…well except for the sin of being sarcastic to mean people…but I am working on it, all those other sins are a piece of cake to resist! Thank You Jesus!! & Amen to that!! I just know some mean asphalt person is gonna read this and test me! lol I got it though!! I really do…yunk yunk yunk…
- Baptismal Preparations (poetrywritersbookshop.org)
- “Higher Things” Reflection for July 17 (brvanlanen.wordpress.com)
- Baptism & Dedication (oneafteranother.wordpress.com)
- Benedict XVI on the “What” and “Why” of Baptism (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- Water Baptism – A Covenant (sonlightdevotional.org)
- The Sufficiency of Christ (jonahmb.wordpress.com)
- Baptism: The triple portion (waltbrite.wordpress.com)
- Left-Brained or Right-Brained? (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- TONGUES-Spiritually Speaking (1nest.wordpress.com)
- If This Doesn’t Compel You, What Virtuous Act Would? (godsbreath.wordpress.com)
- Changed Spiritual Trajectories (thekepnerfamily.com)
- Learn About Superbook (connieshouse.typepad.com)
- What is the “Second Blessing” and is it Biblical? (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)
- Luke 15: Two Sons (kingdomnewtestament.wordpress.com)
- Baptism by Fire… (greeneandgrimeforever.wordpress.com)
- Creating a Sacred Space. ~ Annalisa Robusto (elephantjournal.com)
- Jesus is the Only Way (writeforacause.org)
- Call No Man Father? (thehandmaid.wordpress.com)
- Who is Added to the Church: the Baptized or the Saved? (godsbreath.wordpress.com)
- On Catholic Oath of Fidelity: It’s About Time (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Unexpected Ministry, Blessings (heraldmagazine.wordpress.com)
- Why I want to be Baptized (frscottsblog.wordpress.com)
- Baptism Day (thelundinfamily.com)